Cross Institutional

Cross-institutional study is an ideal option if you are studying an undergraduate or postgraduate (by coursework) degree with another institution and would like to complete a CQUniversity unit, deemed equivalent to your own university’s unit (which could also be called a course), and have credit from this unit applied to your degree.

Cross-institutional study is a great option to explore a subject with CQUniversity and find out what studying with CQUni is like.


If you are a domestic student currently studying at another Australian university, you will need to obtain a letter of authority from your current university to submit with your application. The process for this differs between universities, so speak to the relevant course or program advisor at your current uni to find out the process you need to follow.

You will require approval from your home institution, and this must be submitted as part of your application for cross-institutional study.

View our How to Apply page for more information and to download the cross-institutional study application form.

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.